TCCI strives to expand economic exchange with a number of nations around the world, submitting concrete proposals for liberalizing and facilitating trade and investment through multinational and bilateral schemes. Moreover, TCCI actively presents recommendations concerning Japan's trade policies, programs for structural reform, development assistance, and economic and technical cooperation.
1. Dialogues: Missions, International Committees, and Conferences
TCCI organizes various opportunities for dialogues. We send economic delegations to emerging markets and assist in the establishment of bilateral and multilateral economic relations. We also hold meetings between prime ministers, ministers, executive businesspersons from overseas, and Japanese businesspersons. We also organize secretariats for the multilateral and bilateral committees listed below.
TCCI sends missions led by the Chairman of TCCI to different countries and regions. During such missions, participants meet ministry officials as well as government and private-sector executives, and visit different sites. We also receive economic missions.
Multilateral and Bilateral Committees
TCCI, in cooperation with JCCI, organizes secretariats for the countries / regions listed below.
Each committee holds regular conferences at which participants discuss the economic strengthening of their respective countries and regions.
Multilateral: The Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry (CACCI) / ASEAN-Japan Business Council (AJBC) / The Japan-Mekong Business Cooperation Committee
Bilateral: Business committees between Japan and India / Pakistan / Bangladesh / Sri Lanka / Malaysia / Philippines / Korea / Australia / New Zealand / Chile / Argentina / Peru / Spain / Egypt
TCCI holds events and meetings attended by foreign government officials (presidents, prime ministers, other ministers, high commissioners, etc.) and Japanese businesspersons.
- APEC SME Summit (Nov. 2010)
- Welcome luncheon for The Hon. Julia Gillard MP, Prime Minister of Australia (Apr. 2011)
- A meeting between The Hon. Dato' Seri Haji Mohd Najib bin Tun Haji Abdul Razak, Prime Minister of Malaysia and Japanese business executives (May 2011)
- Dialogue between ASEAN Economic Ministers, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japan, and FJCCIA (Jul. 2011)
2. Accelerating EPA/FTA for Trade Facilitation
We support trade facilitation to improve the international business environment and lend our voice to the facilitation of trade agreements, FTAs (Free Trade Agreements) and EPAs (Economic Partnership Agreements). Discussions related to economic partnership take place at conferences held by the multilateral and bilateral economic councils.
- Activities and proposals made by the Japan-India Business Cooperation Committee contributed to the entry into force of the Japan-India EPA in 2011.
- Activities and proposals made by the Japan-Australia Business Cooperation Committee contributed to studies and negotiations between the Japanese and Australian governments.
3. Supporting SME Internationalization
We hold seminars and events that focus on foreign investment and trade and help member companies to disseminate information with the special web-based "International Business Opportunity" tool. We also submit proposals to the government, in order to create a better environment for SMEs to enhance international business.
- Holding the first seminar for students from Vietnam studying in Japan who wish to work for Japanese company (Oct. 2010)
- Submitting a proposal to Minister of Economy, requesting support for international SME–related business (Jul. 2011)